I’m already anxiously anticipating the arrival of the crisp fall weather, even if it probably won’t actually hit Washington DC for another month and a half! One of my favorite things about fall is getting to wear cute sweaters, and starting back in August I was already shopping for a few new sweaters to freshen up my fall wardrobe. Shocking!
Here are my Five Cute Fall Sweater Finds:
1. I officially saw this sweater at J.Crew BEFORE I saw this photo of Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise on one of my favorite blog sites, Possessionista. It’s a cream colored wool blend with a small button detail on the back of the neck and little black bow-ties/knotted accents. It is part of the Fall Collection. A similar alternative for people looking for more color this fall is this Lucca Couture dotted teal and camel sweater or dotted fuchsia.
2. Hinge Seafoam Burnout Sweater at Nordstrom. This sweater is summer-into-fall appropriate and has a leopard print pattern burned out of the fabric. It’s very interesting on! Lucky me, I was able to catch this sweater at a discount during the annual Anniversary sale in July, but it’s still available now at full price.
3. Another Nordstrom Anniversary Sale find, now full price, is this adorable fuchsia/heather purple Hinge sweater with chiffon details. I got to wear this one already while in London a few weeks ago, since they don’t seem to get above 80 degrees there.
4. From Milly’s Fall Collection, the Felicity sweater is very cute AND will be worn by Lea Michelle, as Rachel, in an upcoming episode of Glee. (I prefer the styling in the Milly look book over the Glee version)
5. Piperlime never fails to have some great finds. I just love the girly details with the puffed sleeves on this sweater from THML Clothing.
Here’s a great idea if you’re looking to freshen up your wardrobe and don’t know where to start, Stacy London – best known for TLC’s What Not to Wear – has a website called Style for Hire where you can hire a local stylist to come in and do a closet audit, take you shopping, or meet you while visiting a shopping mecca like NYC for a shopping tour. I think it’s neat and may look into doing a closet audit because I need someone impartial to do an intervention, but I’m not quite ready yet!