1. Fashion that helps others
Recently, I saw that two of my favorite bloggers went on a trip to Africa to visit the workshop of FashionABLE – a business whose mission is to fight poverty by promoting job opportunities for vulnerable women in Ethiopia. All of the scarves are hand-woven, and the leather goods hand-crafted.
Make sure to get a scarf in a great fall color, like fuchsia.
2. Booties, booties and more booties!
For a splurge, try this Kate Spade New York “Notice Bootie” found on Piperlime:
3. The cobalt blue trend...especially this coat from Banana Republic
4. This band...The Punch Brothers! I had to find a substitute for Mumford & Sons while they were on hiatus, and when I saw the Punch Brothers perform as the “house band” at a recent benefit concert, I was hooked. Their music, while encompassing traditional folk and bluegrass instruments, has a very interesting and unsuspecting twist that takes it away from what you would suspect from the group and reflects each of their primary strengths as musicians before singers. Of course, “Rye Whiskey” is not the best example of one of their progressive folk songs, but it’s a great tune nonetheless!
5. Another fashion related favorite: the varsity jacket
There are countless choices out there, and I have a sweater version, a sequined version, and this one from Piperlime:
I love them all!!