Do you like Reese’s or Payday candy? Do you like that uncontrollable “mmm” after you take a bite of something ridiculously delicious? This is so bad, but I could not stop munching on these treats, and I’m high-fiving myself because I was genius enough to cut them into bite sized pieces lest my stomach expand even more than it already has! Thank you so much to Cookies and Cups for posting this recipe!! It has actually inspired me to use the peanut butter fluff in another recipe…stay tuned.
Salted Caramel Peanut Nougat Chews
(option: dip bottom in chocolate)
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup crushed pretzels
- 7 oz Marshmallow Creme or Fluff
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 14 oz unwrapped caramels
- 3 Tbsp milk
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9×13 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl cream butter and brown sugar together until combined. Add in egg yolks and vanilla and continue beating until incorporated. Scraping sides as needed.
- Add in baking soda, flour and pretzels and combine on low speed then gradually increase the speed to medium-high.
- Press the dough into prepared pan and bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden.
- While the crust is baking, combine marshmallow creme and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat on full power for 45 seconds, stirring to combine. If needed continue heating in 15 second increments until smooth. Stir in powdered sugar.
- When crust is done, spread marshmallow mixture carefully on top. Then sprinkle evenly with peanuts. Set aside.
- Combine caramels and milk in a medium saucepan over medium low heat and heat until caramels are melted, stirring frequently.
- Pour melted caramel over the top of the peanuts.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Easily lift foil out of pan and cut.
- Optional: Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips slowly in the microwave and dip the bottom of the squares in the chocolate. Place on wax paper to cool/dry.