Always searching for the easiest way to make dinner, I had some frozen chicken breasts I needed to use, so I went searching for a crockpot recipe solution. In the ingredients list, I did not heed the warning to be generous with the seasoning, especially with the salt, and I found my end result needed some post-cooking added salt. Overall, a light and healthy dinner choice!
Crockpot Lemon Rosemary Chicken
- 5-8 boneless chicken breasts
- 30-40 cloves of garlic, mashed (that’s not a typo, it’s a lot of garlic)
- 2 lemons, sliced with rind
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper – use more salt than you think because slow cooking removes some of the salt
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
1. Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.
2. Cook on Low for 8 -10 hours, serve over lentils or veggies, or with your side dish of choice.